New in FoodWorks 8 Nutrition Labelling
Updated food composition data
FoodWorks 8 includes these new and updated data sources:
- AUSNUT 2011-13 (released 2014): Contains 51 nutrient values for 5 740 Australian foods and beverages. From Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ).
New nutrients include eicosapentaenoic (EPA), docosapentaenoic (DPA) and docosahexaenoic acids (DHA) and total trans fatty acids, ash, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and selenium. (Note: Vitamin D is not included in AUSNUT 2011-13.)
- USDA SR27: The major source of food composition data in the United States. Contains data on 7 906 food items and up to 146 food components. From the US Department of Agriculture.
- FOODfiles 2014 : Contains 2 574 foods. For New Zealand users. From The New Zealand Institute for Plant and Food Research Limited and the Ministry of Health (New Zealand).
Other new features and enhancements
FoodWorks 8 has an updated look and feel, and other enhancements to make your work easier, including:
- Improved design of the Analysis Pane.
- Updated web-based help and a brand new FoodWorks support site.